The message on Sunday was from Ephesians 1:15-23, where Paul explains his reasons for thanking God, and his prayer and intentions for the Ephesian believers and for all of his readers, including us. Before discussing these questions as a group, read through the passage together, at least once.
- For review: Have you been thinking about and/or making an effort to remember the reality of your spiritual union with Christ? If so, has it made a difference in your daily life?
- Why is Paul thanking God for the Ephesians’ faith in the Lord Jesus and their love toward all the saints? (I think I forgot to mention this on Sunday.)
- How are you doing in your love toward all the saints?
- Loving “all” the saints isn’t so difficult, conceptually. Loving “each and every one” of the saints can be challenging. How are you doing in your love toward “each and every one” of the saints?
- “Love” is a major theme that Paul returns to time and again in Ephesians. Try to find the time to read the entire letter this week and when you do so, be looking for the many ways Paul weaves that theme into the letter.
- I wrote an article a few weeks ago on the topic of Christian love that you may want to read before your small group meets. If the above questions aren’t enough to fill your discussion time, that article should give you plenty more to work through. 🙂