The message this past Sunday was from Psalm 73. Before discussing these questions as a group, read through that Psalm together.
- For review: Have you had opportunities to do good over the past several weeks since we last met as small groups? Do you have an example you’d like to share with the group? Real-life examples can be an inspiration for other believers, but if you’d rather not due to passages such as Matthew 6:1-4, that’s understandable.
- In his sermon from Psalm 73 Ed said that if we truly believed that God is sovereign, our faith would look different. What are some real, concrete ways your faith would look different? If you can’t think of any, here’s one you could discuss at length: Jesus’ words in Luke 12:32-34.
- Based on Psalm 73:16-17 Ed said that church is for believers and not for unbelievers. Do you agree? Why or why not?
- He also said that corporate worship (what we do on Sunday mornings) is good for us. In what way or ways it it good for us?
- Psalm 73:25 reads: “Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.” Can you say this verse along with the psalmist? Does your life bear witness to your answer? Why or why not?