For small group this week we’re once again looking ahead, and this time to Jesus’ letter to the church in Laodicea in Revelation 3:14-22. Read this passage together as a group before discussing these questions.
- Jesus tells the Laodicean Christians that he knows their works, and their works tell him that these believers are lukewarm. What does he mean by lukewarm?
- What does lukewarm look like in a church? In the individuals who make up that church?
- What’s wrong with being lukewarm?
- How does a church get to the point of being lukewarm?
- What does Jesus mean by spitting them out of his mouth? Is this a warning that should be taken seriously?
- How can we prevent our church, and each of us as individuals, from becoming lukewarm?
- If we already are lukewarm, what does Jesus say needs to happen to correct this?