I suspect that by now everyone at Sojourn knows we’re starting a new series next Sunday in the New Testament book of Hebrews, and if you didn’t know that, now you do. 🙂
In the next week or two I’ll be encouraging all of you to read through Hebrews at least once, in one sitting. According to one website the average time to read Hebrews is 44 minutes. If you’ve already done that, great! If not, here’s your chance. Either way, I’m guessing you’ve read it in the past, or you’ve read parts of Hebrews, or you’re somewhat familiar with the book, or, at the very least, you know where to find it in your Bible.
So consider these questions and your small group gathering this week to be a Hebrews primer to get you reading and thinking about Hebrews.
- Have you (ever) read Hebrews through in one push, beginning to end?
- What is your favorite part of Hebrews?
- What are some questions that you have about Hebrews?
- What is the message of Hebrews?
- What would be a good sermon series title for Hebrews?
- Why is this New Testament book called “Hebrews,” anyway?
- Who is Melchizedek?
- Why is Hebrews located where it is in the New Testament?
- Who wrote Hebrews?